
I recently spent four days travelling in west Nepal, where I was able to meet with several pastors and visit several of our churches in that area. On Wednesday, July 12, I was able to make the 9-hour drive from Kathmandu to Nepalganj. Using the hotel there as a base, I visited Tulsipur, Tikapur and Pahalwan over the next three days. At each stop along the way I was able to meet with dozens of pastors, attend the dedication service for one new building, and witness a revival that is happening in one of the most remote jungle churches in our fellowship. In the tiny jungle village of Pahalwan, over 200 believers meet every week - and their number is growing rapidly. It is amazing to witness what God is doing there. The village is so remote that we had to drive on a dirt road for nearly an hour, then ride bicycles through the jungle for about 2 kilometers, cross a river in a rickety wooden boat, and then hike for another 10 minutes just to get there! And yet, in that remote place just a few kilometers from the border with India, the pastor and his congregation are making plans to construct a new building that will seat over 1,000! With a heart full of excitement and praise to God, I returned to Kathmandu on Sunday, July 16.
This trip was my last chance to visit west Nepal during this term, as we are scheduled to leave next month (August 7) for a one-year furlough. I am looking foward, however, to seeing more revivals and amazing growth in these areas when we return to Nepal next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment